We are Hiring!
A Career with Yarra Valley Psychology & Counselling
YVP is a well-established, progressive organisation providing professional mental health services in the Eastern region of Melbourne (Nunawading, Croydon, Boronia and Lilydale locations) and offering fulfilling & productive careers in psychology. Over the years we have received overwhelming support from local government, doctors, schools and community based services. We have full time and part time positions available for talented psychologists and social workers with experience working with children and adolescents or willing to be trained and supervised in this field.
Successful applicants will be joining a collaborative environment where they will be integrated into one of our existing teams lead by senior psychologists. Our team-based system works towards creating a peer and manager- supported environment that promotes a good network and administration. This model is the foundation of our systems for peer, manager and individual supervision along with a welfare officer and an open-door policy with management and directorship.
- Attractive rates
- Existing network guarantees contractor caseload
- Team-based support and welfare structures
- Intake, reception and marketing are company managed
- Opportunity for internal supervision (contractors)
- Funded internal supervision (employees)
- Opportunity for clinical endorsement supervision
Applicants should have competency in the assessment and treatment of a variety of psychological conditions amongst diverse client groups. A strong grasp of evidence-based psychological therapy including CBT, ACT and EFT is a requirement, as is the ability to forge a strong collaborative relationship with clients.
- Strong clinical and counselling skills
- High work ethic and personal management skills
- Demonstrated integrity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eligibility for Medicare service provision
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia (Psychologists)
- Registration with Australian Association of Social Work (Social Workers)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Working with Children Certificate
- Police check
As a moderate to large practice with multiple sites we can help our members progress into new career pathways to match their areas of interest and talents. This includes moving into supervision, team leadership, general management, establishing your own projects and marketing of products or services such as books or special therapies. Examples of our projects include group therapy, play therapy, psychometric assessment, EAP and the school’s program. All of our current initiatives have been proposed, planned and managed by our existing clinical and administration staff.
Current Position Vacancies
Both positions MUST HAVE:
- Current general or clinical registration with AHPRA for Psychologists
- Current registration with Medicare as a Mental Health Social Worker for Social Workers
1) Psychologist or Mental Health Social Worker
- Contractor – Schools program + clinic-based work
- School locations – Eastern & Outer Eastern Melbourne
Schools Program Clinician
As a school-based clinician, you will be able to work in one or more schools with flexible and attractive work hours. This role is a great fit for any new clinicians looking for a supportive start to their career and is a great opportunity for mothers and fathers who would like to work part time and have school holidays off.
In addition to the typical experience for contractors in clinics, our school program is integrated into our child and adolescent services department. These clinicians have the opportunity to utilise various clinical skills and equipment through psychometric assessments, general counselling, play therapy and placement in schools. Successful applicants can work in as many or as few of these areas as they would like. As a part of this team you will be given the opportunity to have support and supervision in all areas that require additional skills.
2) Psychologist or Mental Health Social Worker
- Employee – Clinic-based work
- Clinic locations – Outer Eastern Melbourne
As a clinic-based clinician you will provide professional psychological consultation services to private clients on all matters of mental health. You will utilise analytical and strategic thinking, have an awareness of business and take a positive approach to change. It is expected that you will see approximately 20-25 clients per week (full-time) alongside administration and personal work.
Demonstrated experience working with a variety of clients with different clinical needs is required, and experience working with children and adolescents is highly regarded. As a part of this team you will be given the opportunity to have support and supervision in all areas that require additional skills.