A Career with Yarra Valley Psychology & Counselling
YVP is a well-established, progressive organisation providing professional mental health services in the Eastern region of Melbourne (Nunawading, Croydon, Boronia and Lilydale locations) and offering fulfilling & productive careers in psychology. Over the years we have received overwhelming support from local government, doctors, schools and community based services. We have full time and part time positions available for talented psychologists and social workers with experience working with children and adolescents or willing to be trained and supervised in this field.
Successful applicants will be joining a collaborative environment where they will be integrated into one of our existing teams lead by senior psychologists. Our team-based system works towards creating a peer and manager- supported environment that promotes a good network and administration. This model is the foundation of our systems for peer, manager and individual supervision along with a welfare officer and an open-door policy with management and directorship.
Current Position Vacancies
YVP are currently looking to hire 2 AHPRA registered psychologists (general or clinical) with a preference for individuals who are interested in working with children (age 4+).
For information and to apply please see the following ad – PsychXchange
As a moderate to large practice with multiple sites we can help our members progress into new career pathways to match their areas of interest and talents. This includes moving into supervision, team leadership, general management, establishing your own projects and marketing of products or services such as books or special therapies. Examples of our projects include group therapy, play therapy, psychometric assessment, employee assistance program (EAP) and the school’s program. All of our current initiatives have been proposed, planned and managed by our existing clinical and administration staff.
- Attractive rates
- Existing network guarantees contractor caseload
- Team-based support and welfare structures
- Intake, reception and marketing are company managed
- Opportunity for internal supervision (contractors)
- Funded internal supervision (employees)
- Opportunity for clinical endorsement supervision
Applicants should have competency in the assessment and treatment of a variety of psychological conditions amongst diverse client groups. A strong grasp of evidence-based psychological therapy including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and emotion-focused therapy (EFT) is a requirement, as is the ability to forge a strong collaborative relationship with clients.
- Strong clinical and counselling skills
- High work ethic and personal management skills
- Demonstrated integrity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eligibility for Medicare service provision
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia (Psychologists)
- Registration with Australian Association of Social Work (Social Workers)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Working with Children Certificate
- Police check